Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ubu's Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge (480p) Info

For those wondering how I get such great quality with a "Dazzle" can now sleep better at night because I will not divulge the information.
The product is from around the late 1990's. It's made by Dazzle. The product name is "Dazzle* Hollywood DV Bridge" (See pic). It takes composite input as a passthru and outputs DV video info thru firewire to my Ubuntu machine BUT also outputs composite if I wanted to watch it while I play. Fortunately I have the original Xbox 360 and not the new Slim so I can actually use the component cable out from the Xbox into my Philips HDTV Monitor (one of the first ever HD TV/Monitors - See pic). I use kino (Free Open Source Software) to capture it over the firewire bus on my Ubuntu machine. That file is an OpenDML AVI Type 2 digital video file. The media info results are:


Format                           : AVI
Format/Info                      : Audio Video Interleave
File size                        : 269 MiB
Duration                         : 1mn 14s
Overall bit rate                 : 30.4 Mbps

Video
Format                           : Digital Video
Codec ID                         : dvsd
Codec ID/Hint                    : Sony
Duration                         : 1mn 14s
Bit rate                         : 28.8 Mbps
Width                            : 720 pixels
Height                           : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 1.500
Original display aspect ratio    : 4/3
Frame rate mode                  : Constant
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Standard                         : NTSC
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:1:1
Scan type                        : Interlaced
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 2.778
Stream size                      : 255 MiB (95%)

Audio
Format                           : PCM
Format settings, Endianness      : Little
Format settings, Sign            : Unsigned
Codec ID                         : 1
Codec ID/Hint                    : Microsoft
Duration                         : 1mn 14s
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Resolution                       : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 13.6 MiB (5%)
Interleave, duration             : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration     : 33 ms

I then take that file into kdenlive and do my video editing. I hope this was helpful to someone, if it was please follow me on Twitter to stay up to date on all of my technically advanced content that I will release daily.

Thank you for your continued support.
Post a Comment