Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ubu's Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge (480p) Info

For those wondering how I get such great quality with a "Dazzle" can now sleep better at night because I will not divulge the information.
The product is from around the late 1990's. It's made by Dazzle. The product name is "Dazzle* Hollywood DV Bridge" (See pic). It takes composite input as a passthru and outputs DV video info thru firewire to my Ubuntu machine BUT also outputs composite if I wanted to watch it while I play. Fortunately I have the original Xbox 360 and not the new Slim so I can actually use the component cable out from the Xbox into my Philips HDTV Monitor (one of the first ever HD TV/Monitors - See pic). I use kino (Free Open Source Software) to capture it over the firewire bus on my Ubuntu machine. That file is an OpenDML AVI Type 2 digital video file. The media info results are:


Format                           : AVI
Format/Info                      : Audio Video Interleave
File size                        : 269 MiB
Duration                         : 1mn 14s
Overall bit rate                 : 30.4 Mbps

Video
Format                           : Digital Video
Codec ID                         : dvsd
Codec ID/Hint                    : Sony
Duration                         : 1mn 14s
Bit rate                         : 28.8 Mbps
Width                            : 720 pixels
Height                           : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 1.500
Original display aspect ratio    : 4/3
Frame rate mode                  : Constant
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Standard                         : NTSC
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:1:1
Scan type                        : Interlaced
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 2.778
Stream size                      : 255 MiB (95%)

Audio
Format                           : PCM
Format settings, Endianness      : Little
Format settings, Sign            : Unsigned
Codec ID                         : 1
Codec ID/Hint                    : Microsoft
Duration                         : 1mn 14s
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Resolution                       : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 13.6 MiB (5%)
Interleave, duration             : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration     : 33 ms

I then take that file into kdenlive and do my video editing. I hope this was helpful to someone, if it was please follow me on Twitter to stay up to date on all of my technically advanced content that I will release daily.

Thank you for your continued support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

does this work for mac

Unknown said...

Yes, it should work for a MAC.

Rank up by seo said...

I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
gstadmission ac bd result