Monday, March 5, 2012

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) Beta 1 Released

I'm very excited about this new LTS (Long Term Support) version of my favorite operating system Ubuntu. There's many changes that are needed IMO from past versions of Ubuntu but most of all, it's finally another LTS release.
My home computer environment requires stability for many reasons but the main one is whats commonly referred to as the "WAC" factor. That stands for "Wife and Child" factor. Meaning as long as everything (media streaming wise as well as MythTV) is running good they're happy. So my home network must be stable and always online.

You can find the BETA for download at the normal locations so go get it and put it in a VM. Post comments on what you like and don't.

PS this is posted from my iPhone so I will post links later when at my workstation.

No comments: